Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Brining the turkey

Wow, what a response I've had to Katie's post! I am also new to brining, and I can't wait to try it next year. But since we're celebrating at Mom's this year, it will have to wait.

While doing my "homework" for my upcoming trip to see Martha, I was watching her show last night. Emeril demo'ed an awesome brining recipe that you can find here. I always thought brining was such a tedious task, but he created this brine in about 5 minutes!

For those keeping track, the Martha countdown is 2 weeks and a day! My new camera bag/purse should be coming this week. You can see it here. I wanted something fashionable yet functional!

My girl NieNie is on the Today show today? Don't know about Nie Nie? Spend a few minutes on her blog. Trust me when I tell you that you will not be able to stay for just a few moments, as her story is absolutely heart-wrenching and inspiring at the same time. (she survived a plane crash with over 80% of her body being burned) She is such a beautiful woman. NieNie, I heart you!

No comments: