Thursday, April 3, 2008

Free Rice?



Nothing too crafty from me this week. I have been immersed in my Digi in Deep online class with Jessica Sprague. I finally (!!!) finished my first assignment, which took me 3 days! (although I will admit, it's a really cool layout!) But now we have 3 MORE assignments, which are supposed to be completed by Monday? Yikes, I have a loooooong weekend ahead of me! One of the cool things we're working on is a quote book. I will post some photos once I complete my LO's. It is going to be cool! That Jessica, she's ingenious!

Anyhow, here is another new obsession of mine, thanks to my friend Tracey Watt....

www.freerice.com

(And, I checked on Snopes to make sure it's not a hoax. I am a skeptic. But it's true!)

So, it's this fun little vocabulary "game" where you try and figure out the meaning of a word. For each "guess" you get right, they donate grains of rice to the UN! How cool is that? It's like the SAT minus the stress!

Check it out, and I'll post some photos over the weekend. It's almost Friday. Yahoo!

No comments: