Friday, April 11, 2008

OCD?


Gosh, I hope not. But if you were to see the latest organization project in the craft room, you might think so. Way back when I decided my ribbons would look better in glass jars. (See my inspiration at: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2008/01/ribbon-jar.html)

So after finding the perfect glass jars at Ikea, I got to work. And work. And work. Wrapping each individual ribbon around a clothespin. Can you say "sore left thumb?" K.T. would just sit down there watching TV, occasionally glance in my ribbon swirling direction, and shake his head. At one point, he even suggested we get out the power drill and try winding it that way! Anyhow, I love how the finished product ended up...

Then, as this ribbon obsession is taking place, and Final Four basketball is being played in the background (foreground for the male figure, duh!) He says to me, "Terri, why are all of your pens/crayons/markers/pencils/lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) sorted by type? Wouldn't it be more visually appealing if they were sorted by color?" Oh Lord, K.T. Don't you know about my level of OCD? That's all I needed to hear. And the next thing you know, there is a flurry of activity followed by coloring tools of all shapes and sizes scattered throughout the craft room. However, I will say I LOVE the finished "project". Good idea, K.T. ;) Thanks for feeding the obsession!



Happy Friday!

(A few credits: Nichole Heady for the ribbon storage idea, my new Canon Rebel which takes AMAZING photos, my $1 Spot Target bucket obsession and K.T. for feeding the OCD within)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you!

That looks beautiful! What a great idea. I might have to copy that. I just need to chuck the husband and his things out of the office first, lol.

Heather said...

OCD? We can form a club!

Glass no longer works in my house, b/c the DD#2 is a destructobot. Everything is mangled within seconds. No sign of life....

:)